Partner with NFPA and Domino’s for Fire Prevention Week!
NFPA and Domino’s are teaming up for the ninth year in a row to deliver fire safety messages and pizza during Fire Prevention Week. This campaign has consistently been a great opportunity to engage communities in Fire Prevention Week and the importance of smoke alarms. That’s we’re encouraging as many fire departments as possible to join forces with their local Domino’s store and implement this year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Don’t Wait – Check the Date! Replace Smoke Alarms Every 10 Years ” in your area.
Here’s how the program works:
- Call or visit your local Domino’s and ask the owner/manager to participate in this easy-to-execute program, which promotes the importance of smoke alarms.
- Select a day and time period (usually 2-3 hours) to randomly choose 1-3 pizza orders to deliver aboard a fire engine. The participating Domino’s delivery expert will follow the fire engine in his or her car.
- When the pizza delivery arrives to the customer’s home, the firefighters will check the home for working smoke alarms. If the smoke alarms work, the customer’s order is free (cost absorbed by the Domino’s store). If the smoke alarms aren’t working, the fire department will replace the batteries or install fully functioning smoke alarms (cost absorbed by the fire department).
Domino’s Fire Prevention Week sweepstakes
Fire departments that sign up between July 21 - Aug. 6 to participate in this program will automatically be entered into Domino’s FPW Sweepstakes. Domino’s will randomly select five winners who will receive the NFPA’s “Fire Prevention Week in a Box 300,” which includes:
- 1 FPW banner (super-sized 10' x 4')
- 45 FPW posters – now two-sided with one side printed in English and the other side printed in Spanish (17" x 24")
- 300 adult FPW brochures
- 300 kids FPW activity posters
- 300 FPW stickers
- 300 FPW magnets
- 300 copies of FPW news
- 300 FPW goodie bags
Sign up to participate
If your fire department would like to participate in the NFPA and Domino’s Fire Prevention Week program, please email Danielle Bulger. Sign up emails that are sent July 21 – Aug. 6 will be entered into the sweepstakes. The FPW Sweepstakes winners will be drawn on or around Aug. 12, and announced soon after. See the sweepstakes rules.