The Research Foundation’s mission is to plan, manage and communicate research in support of the NFPA mission. The NFPA mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion.
Foundation operating principles
- Promote the engagement, proliferation and diversity of credible research
- Build broad research capabilities with a large network of contributors and collaborators
- Communicate and support the dissemination of research results, especially with practitioners
- Be consistent with the "Research Foundation Policies for the Conduct of Research Projects"
- Facilitate research projects that have at least one of the following characteristics:
- Be of focused interest to the broad safety community,
- Be of focused interest to a SDO (standards developing organization) technical committee or similar constituency group,
- Be directly related to an out-reach or advocacy issue, or
- Not involve proprietary product development.