Top 10 Dumb Things
You Could Do
to Injure Yourself
will identify risky behavior by creating a list of the "Top
10 Dumb Things You Could Do to Injure Yourself."
Core Subject Integration
the use of "Top 10 Lists" with the class (e.g. short,
exaggerated or sarcastic statements used to get a point across
in a humorous way)
- Divide the class into groups of four.
- Ask the groups to brainstorm risky behavior that could result in injury (based on the lessons covered in Risk Watch). Have
them write a list of the top ten dumb things they could do
to injure themselves.
- Have the groups share their answers with the rest of the class.
- Have the groups come up with ways they can prevent these injuries from occurring.
10. Not wearing a Personal Floatation Device (PFD) while boating
9. Running when your clothes are on fire
8. Playing tag on an escalator
7. Not knowing your way out of a burning building
6. Drinking poison
5. Taking the batteries out of your smoke alarm
4. Running while eating
3. Not wearing a helmet while riding your bike
2. Not wearing a seatbelt while riding in a car
1. Playing with real guns
Have the students research statistics related to these risky situations.
Click Here to Return to the Main Menu.
Kids Only! | Parents Pages
| Teacher Tools | Advocate
FAQs | Links | Map
| Contact Us | About Risk Watch
Risk Watch, its logo, and icons are
copyrighted by NFPA. © 1998.
All rights reserved.