NFPA Fire Prevention Week Apple® iPad mini® Promotional Drawing – Official Rules
By participating in this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the following Official Rules:
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING A PROMOTION PRIZE DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
2. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR. The NFPA Fire Prevention Week Apple® iPad mini® Promotional Drawing (the "Promotion") is sponsored and administered by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) (the "Sponsor"), One Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Eligibility for the Promotion is open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age and older. Employees, directors and officers of the Sponsor (including its affiliates and advertising agencies and contest administrators, including SnapApp), and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members are not eligible to enter. This Promotion is void where prohibited.
4. THE PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on December 9, 2013 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on December 22, 2013 (the "Promotion Period").
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Promotion, you must be otherwise eligible in accordance with these Official Rules and your entry must be submitted during the Promotion Period. To enter, you must access the Promotion webpage, either by entering the URL that has been promoted in connection with the Promotion or by clicking on the following link to the URL: www.nfpa.org/2013FPWcontest. From this webpage, you may view the public safety video and accompanying safety information sheet on preventing kitchen fires, this year’s theme for NFPA’s Fire Prevention Week. In order to enter, during the Promotion Period, you must complete the short (approximately 3-5 questions) SnapApp interactive quiz found at www.nfpa.org/2013FPWcontest and complete an entry form. Quiz takers will receive one (1) entry for submitting a completed quiz and entry form during the Promotion Period and one (1) bonus entry if, during the Promotion Period, they share their quiz results on Twitter through the SnapApp feature. SnapApp will collect all eligible entries and randomly select one (1) winner from among all eligible entries. Accessing and completing the quiz is free. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person whose name is on the entry form. Only one entry and one bonus entry per person is permitted.
Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Promotion via a bot script or other brute force attack, through the use of automated entry devices or programs, or through any other unauthorized means is prohibited and will result in the voiding of any associated entries and the individual’s disqualification from and ineligibility for participation in the Promotion.
6. WINNER SELECTION. Following the end of the Promotion Period, one (1) winner will be selected through a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. PRIZES. The winner will receive a prize consisting of one (1) Apple® iPad mini®, with an approximate retail value of $330. Prizes are awarded "as is" and any and all guarantees and warranties on merchandise prize are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded.
Apple and iPad mini are trademarks of Apple, Inc. or its affiliates. The iPad mini device awarded as a prize under this Promotion is given away by and on behalf of the Sponsor, NFPA. Apple, Inc. is neither a sponsor of nor affiliated with this Promotion and has neither endorsed nor approved of this Promotion.
8. HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE. Winners are subject to verification of identity and eligibility prior to the award of the prize. Winners will be notified at the email address provided with the winner’s entry. Within ten (10) days of the date that notification is sent, the winner must, by return email or other means directed by the Sponsor, provide a response indicating his or her acceptance of the prize and providing the Sponsor with confirmation of the winner’s identity, eligibility and agreement with the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules. Winners who do not provide a timely and full response will forfeit the prize. In addition, the prize will be forfeited if: the winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules; the winner declines to accept the prize; the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner through the provided email address; or a prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable. Where a prize has been forfeited, the prize may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate winner drawn at random from among the remaining entries.
Prizes will be shipped to verified winners at the Sponsor’s expense. Unless the winner makes other arrangements acceptable to the Sponsor, prizes will be shipped to the verified winner's address as provided in the winner’s entry. Winners shall allow 6-8 weeks for verification and shipment of their prize. Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason outside of its control.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to accept and abide by all decisions of the Sponsor with regard to the interpretation and implementation of the Official Rules and of the Promotion. By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her names, city and state of residence, voice, and statements relating to the Promotion or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
By entering the Promotion, entrants represent and warrant that they meet all eligibility requirements for and comply with the Official Rules of the Promotion. Entrants acknowledge that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is an entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND AFFILIATES, (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASE PARTIES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PROMOTION OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO.
The Released Parties are not responsible for late, incomplete, inaccurate submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a web site, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an eligible participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, incomplete, or damaged entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Promotion be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Promotion be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Promotion and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner[s] in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and of the rights and responsibilities of the participants in and Sponsor of the Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or in connection with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts state court for the City of Quincy, Norfolk County, and participants in the Program consent to the jurisdiction of such courts with respect to all such disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.