Tuesday, August 30, 12:30-2:00 pm ET
How Clean is Clean? The Validation of Fire Fighter PPE Cleaning
Sponsored by the Fire Protection Research Foundation and:
- Principle Sponsors: National Fire Protection Association, Tyco/SimplexGrinnell and Zurich Services Corporation
- Contributing Sponsors: Fire-Dex, Globe Manufacturing, PBI Performance Products, Property Insurance Research Group, L.N. Curtis & Sons, LionFirst Responder Products and TenCate Protective Fabrics
Who will benefit: Fire fighters and other emergency responders interested in long-term health and wellness
Related codes: All NFPA documents concerned with control of contamination, with a particular focus on personal protective equipment (PPE):
- NFPA 1851, Standard on Selection, Care, and Maintenance of Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting
- NFPA 1584, Standard on the Rehabilitation Process for Members During Emergency Operations and Training Exercises
- NFPA 1500, Standard on Fire Department Occupational Safety and Health Program
- NFPA 1581, Standard on Fire Department Infection Control Program
- NFPA 1901, Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus
- NFPA 1962, Standard for the Care, Use, Inspection, Service Testing, and Replacement of Fire Hose, Couplings, Nozzles, and Fire Hose Appliances
Most recent webinars
See our complete webinar archive.
Changes to 2017 National Electrical Code©
View a 2-minute preview of this webinar. The full, 2-hour long video is available for free if you are logged into NFPA Xchange. Register for free today!
NFPA's Regional Electrical Code Specialist Jeffrey Sargent provides an in-depth overview about some of the proposed changes to the 2017 NEC©.
Development of an Environmental and Economic Assessment Tool (Enveco Tool) for Fire Events
In broad terms, the impact of fire on a community is usually measured in terms of the number of fires, human casualties, and property damage. There are, however, more subtle impacts of fire that are not so easily estimated but contribute to the measure of overall performance of the fire service in protecting a community. This webinar will present a tool developed for fire departments to estimate two of these issues, environmental impact and economic impact, to communicate the value of their services to the communities that they protect.
Modern Lightweight Construction and Building Construction
View a 3-minute preview of this webinar. The full, hour long video is available for free if you are logged into NFPA Xchange. Register for free today!
NFPA Senior Fire Protection Engineer Tracy Vecchiarelli discusses engineered lumber, a member of the "lightweight construction" family of products popularized by today's builders. Lightweight construction is seen as more economical and environmentally friendly than traditional lumber.
CMS Adoption of the 2012 Edition of NFPA 101 and NFPA 99: NFPA 101 and NFPA 99 – Changes from 2000 to 2012
NFPA's Jonathan Hart provides an in-depth overview of the 2012 editions of NFPA 101 and NFPA 99. The following is a video preview of his May 18, 2016 webinar. The full, hour-long video is available for free if you are logged into NFPA Xchange.