NFPA customizes its training programs to meet your specific needs and bring our expert instructors to your site so your employees don’t have to travel.
Classes are scheduled when and where you need them reducing down time, boosting productivity of your employees and saving you the travel costs. Whether you need a 3-day training program for NFPA 70E or a 5-day program that combines NFPA 101 and NFPA 99, we can provide what you need. On-site training allows you to bring NFPA experts to your location. It’s simply the best option to tailor the training to your specific needs. If you’d like to enhance safety and improve skills of 10 or more employees, contact us today.
Please contact the NFPA team member that best fits your industry's needs:
- Joe Guiliano - Facility Management, Healthcare (including VA Medical), Industrial, Manufacturing or Utilities
- Beth Kelley - Consultants/Engineers/Architects, Construction/Contractors, Education, Fire Protection, Insurance or Transportation
- Rob Machado - Fire Service, Government or Military
- Jay Polito - International
Not sure? Contact us, or call +1 877 336-3280.
7 reasons why you should choose NFPA for on-site training instruction
- Expert Instruction - Nationally-recognized instructors guide you through the code they helped develop.
- On-site Convenience - An expert, NFPA instructor visits your facility of 10 or more employees, saving time and keeping your workforce close to home.
- Customized Application - On-site sessions are tailored to your environment, allowing your team to ask relevant questions about applying the code.
- Beyond Code Knowledge - Step-by-step exercises and collaborative problem solving delve into more than what the code says, but how to interpret and apply it.
- Valuable CEUs - All attendees earn continuing education units. NFPA has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 8405 Greensboro Drive, Suite 800, McLean, VA 22102.
- Top-flight Training Materials - Informative, easy-to-follow workbooks and copies of the relevant code for all participants.
- Instant Implementation - Our Professional Development staff handles all consulting and scheduling details, making the process completely hassle-free for you.
Call today +1 877 336-3280 or contact us about scheduling an NFPA On-site Training.
Instructors who are NFPA employees are compensated for their time by salaried compensation and non-employee instructors are compensated at the successful completion of the course in accordance with the annual instructor agreement signed by the instructor. Prior to each training, non-employee instructors shall make it known to learners any proprietary interest in a product or service discussed. The instructor shall not promote products or services during any NFPA training activity.
Bob Caputo is one of NFPA's instructors whose dedication and enthusiasm is clearly apparent in each of the over 1,000 training programs offered each year.
What's being said about NFPA On-site Training
"We work hand-in-hand with our clients to ensure safety, and we want to make sure the NEC® is followed during installation, operation, and maintenance of our products. Having NFPA's National Electrical Code® Essentials training at our facility was a great way to learn how the NEC addresses wire sizing, electrical workspace, and other concepts. For example, to help us understand compliance failure and how it might affect product safety, NFPA's instructor elaborated on what the hazards would have been if improper sizing were selected. Our instructor was very open to questions and made sure we understood the issues and could solve problems on our own before moving on. I would definitely participate in another NFPA training. In fact, I am currently looking into training for NFPA 70E®."
- Melinda Ammerman, Product Safety Engineer, GE Energy, Greenville, NC
"I'm responsible for life safety drawings for surveyable components in St. John's Hospital and in other buildings on campus. It was very helpful to have NFPA's Life Safety Code® training right at our facility. The Life Safety Code® is quite complex, so a refresher course makes me more comfortable with the Code. The training's audio-visual component was nicely varied with interactive elements. Live-action footage makes more of an impression than anything else. NFPA's knowledgeable instructor made the program all worthwhile. He knew his subject extremely well and also was very flexible with regard to taking questions, reviewing concepts, and putting the Code to practical applications within our facility. We covered lots of ground and it was always interesting and memorable. I think the instructor even incorporated photos he took at our site into the presentation."
- Mark Kastner, Supervisor, Construction Projects Group, Maintenance Department, St. John's Hospital, Springfield, MO
"There are so many policies and procedures for confined spaces in a clean fuels terminal. API/NFPA Safe Tank Entry is worth its weight in gold because it provides comprehensive training that helps us continuously improve safety. All managers face the same requirements and hurdles to overcome in daily operations. API/NFPA Safe Tank Entry brought us together as a team and offered a venue to ask questions and learn the finer details of testing confined spaces. The instructor was knowledgeable about our industry and had a professional 'can-do' attitude. If he didn't know the answer to a specific question, he was willing to help us find the solution. This training will help to keep our accident/injury low and ensure our terminals remain safe. Great class!”
- Daniel Thomas, Terminal Manager, NuStar Energy, Stockton, CA
"I use NFPA 101® on a daily basis and often need to explain concepts to clients and staff. There's only so much the Code can do in black and white – attending the on-site Life Safety Code® training was very helpful because NFPA's instructor was able to explain the intent behind requirements. Understanding the background enables you to solve problems on your own. It was wonderful to attend the training along with my client because we all received the same information about Code reasoning and are on the same page. The training's visuals illustrated application in practice. I really enjoyed gaining new Code knowledge from the authority."
- Stephanie D. Ireland, AIA, LEED AP - BD+C, CEO and Principal Architect, Ireland Architects, Springfield, MO