It is the particular mission of the NFPA Certified Fire Plan Examiner (CFPE) program to promote professionalism within the fire plan examiner field-of-practice through a widely accepted, recognized, appreciated, and practical certification program.
Like the CFI-I and CFI-II certification programs, the CFPE is based on the NFPA 1031, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspector and Plan Examiner. In addition to the NFPA 1031, the CFPE certification program also includes NFPA codes related directly to the plan examiner’s field-of-practice.
- Enhance professionalism
- Recognize and provide evidence of competence as related to NFPA 1031, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspector and Plan Examiner
- Ensure proficiency in the use of codes and standards
- Promote professional development
- Ensure a uniform, fair process for certification that is accessible to everyone
- Certification by NFPA, the most recognized international organization in fire service
- International recognition
- CFPE certificate
- CFPE wallet card
- CFPE lapel pin
Certified Fire Plan Examiner – Exam updated in 2010
The Fire Plan Examiner exam is based on NFPA 1031, 2009 edition, Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspector and Plan Examiner.
In 2010, The Fire Plan Examiner program was upgraded to the following code editions: