It is the particular mission of the NFPA Certified Fire Plan Examiner (CFPE) program to promote professionalism within the fire plan examiner field-of-practice through a widely accepted, recognized, appreciated, and practical certification program.
Like the CFI-I and CFI-II certification programs, the CFPE is based on the NFPA 1031, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspector and Plan Examiner. In addition to the NFPA 1031, the CFPE certification program also includes NFPA codes related directly to the plan examiner’s field-of-practice.
- Recognize and provide evidence of competence as related to NFPA 1031, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspector and Plan Examiner
- Enhance professionalism
- Ensure proficiency in the use of codes and standards
- Promote professional development
- Ensure a uniform, fair process for certification that is accessible to everyone
In attaining your CFPE Certification, you will:
- Feel a renewed sense of pride
- Be recognized by your colleagues as an expert
- Gain confidence in your abilities
- Improve your job performance
- Position yourself for career advancement
- Certificate holders also receive a CFPE certificate, wallet card and lapel pin that further highlights their accomplishment
Certified Fire Plan Examiner – Exam updated in 2010
The Fire Plan Examiner exam is based on NFPA 1031, 2009 edition, Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspector and Plan Examiner.
In 2010, The Fire Plan Examiner program was upgraded to the following code editions: