Please e-mail us with any additional questions.
- What’s the cost of registration for the Conference?
Get all the pricing on our registration page.
- Will I receive a confirmation of my registration?
A confirmation will be sent to you via email immediately upon registering. The confirmation will come from the e-mail address NFPA2014@thepulsenetwork.com, so please add this address to your "safe list." For registrations made by check, please allow two weeks for processing; confirmation of registration will be sent via e-mail immediately upon processing. If you do not receive a confirmation after 30 days, contact NFPA customer service center at +1 800-344-3555.
- Where is registration located?
Registration will be located in the Mandalay Bay South Convention Center, Level 2, in the Mandalay Bay Foyer.
- Can I register for a pre-conference or post-conference seminar?
Pre-conference or post-conference seminars will not be offered at the 2014 NFPA Conference & Expo.
- Can I register for a single day?
Single day registrations are not an option for the conference. You may purchase a Association Technical Meeting only registration which allows access to both tech sessions starting on Wednesday and concluding on Thursday. It will also give you access to the Expo on Wednesday morning, but not the education sessions.
- Will I be refunded if I have to cancel my registration?
Please notify us in writing by May 16, 2014. Refunds will be processed less a $75 administrative fee. No refunds will be made after May 16, 2014 or for no-shows. Cancellations may be made in writing and sent to: NFPA Registration, 11 Tracy Dr., Avon, MA 02322 or e-mailed to Pat Riddell. Call +1 800 344-3555 with other questions.
Travel & hotels
- How do I make a hotel reservation?
Hotel reservations can be made online. Take advantage of early bird rates until March 2, 2014. NFPA’s official hotels are: Mandalay Bay, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Excalibur.
- Will all conference events be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center (MBCC)?
Nearly all events will be held at the MBCC. Other locations will be noted in the schedule.
- Is there transportation between hotels?
All NFPA blocked hotels are linked by a tram system. The tram runs between the Mandalay Bay, Luxor and Excalibur daily from 6:00 am until 10:00 pm from Sunday, June 8 until Thursday, June 12. Trams arrive and depart from each hotel every five minutes.
- Will I receive a confirmation of my hotel reservation?
A confirmation of your hotel reservation will be sent to you at the time of booking. Deposits will be refunded as long as reservations are cancelled at least 72 hours prior to arrival. If cancelled within the 72 hours, deposits will not be refunded.
- Are there any airfare and car rental discounts?
Take advantage of our special discount offers.
Association Technical Meeting
- I will not be attending any of the education sessions or the exposition. However, I will attend the Association Technical Meeting (Tech Session). Do I need to register and, if so, how do I do it and what does NFPA charge?
The Association Technical Meeting registration is $200 and covers the entire Tech Session for Wednesday, June 11, and Thursday, June 12. It does not include any of the Education Sessions that are held on Wednesday. Tech Session registration does allow access on Wednesday to the Expo, which is open until 2:00 pm.
Registration can be completed online. You may also register over the phone by calling +1 888 397-6209 or fax the registration form to: +1 781 821-6725.
- Do I have the right to vote at the Association Technical Meeting?
Voting at the Association Technical Meeting is restricted to members of record for 180 days prior to the opening of the general session of the meeting. To vote at the 2014 C&E, a member must have joined NFPA by December 13, 2013, and have registered for the meeting. There are no proxy votes. Member verification and a credential check will take place when you register.
For those individuals who do not choose to vote but would like to comment on a particular document, they may do so by completing a "State a Position" form. Forms may be picked up onsite at the NFPA registration desk. No registration fee is required to state a position. All forms must be completed and turned in at the registration desk prior to the start of the Association Technical Meeting.
- When do the Education Sessions take place?
Education sessions are offered Monday–Wednesday, June 9-11, starting at 8:00 am. See the schedule-at-a-glance.
- Do I need to sign up for specific sessions in advance?
No, you may attend any sessions you choose once you are onsite as a registered attendee. The mobile app offers a calendar that you can easily add sessions to for your own personal planning.
- Will I receive Continuing Education Units (CEU's) for the sessions I attend?
CEU's will be awarded for most sessions. The only exceptions are the General Session and those noted with an asterisk (*) in the conference onsite guide.
- How many CEU’s can I earn by attending the Conference?
You can earn .1 CEU for each 60-minute or .2 CEU for a 90-minute CEU-eligible education session offered at the conference. We offer ten time slots with CEU-eligible sessions.
- How will my CEU's be tracked?
You will need to scan the bar code on your badge using the scanner located in the back of each education session room. You will only be given credit for one session per time slot. A record of the sessions you attended and the CEU’s that were awarded will be available on the NFPA conference website within 15 days of the close of the conference.
- Instructions for accessing Conference CEU’s:
- Go to CEU/LU information on the NFPA website.
- Click on the heading that lists the conference.
- Log in with your badge ID number (NOTE: this is not your membership number) and last name.
- You will see your transcript with the sessions you attended
- What are the names of the education tracks?
- Building & Life Safety
- Codes & Standard
- Detection & Notification
- Emergency Preparedness/Business Continuity
- Fire & Emergency Service
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Fire Suppression
- Health Care
- Loss Control/Prevention
- Public Education
- What are the education tracks? Can I attend sessions in different tracks?
The education tracks help guide you to sessions within a subject area. You are welcome, however to attend any session in any track of interest to you.
- Where do I find sessions offered by my membership Section?
You may search the education session information on our website, or in the mobile app, tap the Sections icon for a list of Section sponsored education sessions. Once you are onsite, be sure to review the Section-sponsored event listings in the conference guide.
- Can I visit the Expo for free if I register for the Conference?
Trade show entrance is complimentary for all Conference registrants.
- If I don’t register for the Conference, can I visit the Expo?
You can register for the Expo FREE if you register in advance or if you bring a copy of a registration form with you when registering onsite. There is a $95 charge if you register onsite without bringing a registration form with you. Individuals who register for the Association Technical Meeting may also visit the Expo on Wednesday until it closes at 2:00 pm.
- How can I become an Exhibitor at the Conference?
Please call NFPA’s partner, ROC Exhibitions, at +1 630 271-8210 and tell them you want information about becoming an exhibitor.
- When does the Conference begin?
See the schedule-at-a-glance.
- How can I get an ad into the onsite guide at the Conference?
Please contact Dorinda Fergason at +1 617 984-7323.
- How can I become a speaker at the Conference?
The education program for the 2014 C&E is finalized. Please check our website in mid-June for the 2015 Call for Presentations, or contact Stacey Moriarty if you have specific questions about getting involved as a speaker with NFPA.
- Can I park at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center?
Parking at Mandalay Bay Convention Center is complimentary.
- What is the dress code for the conference?
- How can I download the Mobile App?
The 2014 C&E mobile app will be released a month prior to the conference. Downloading the app is easy! Instructions will be included in your final registration confirmation email prior to the conference.
- Where can I find information about Las Vegas?