By registering for the National Fire Protection Association® (NFPA®) 125th Anniversary Conference Series (the “Event”) you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”), which govern your participation in the Event.
- Access to the Event. To register for the Event, you must complete the Event registration process and pay any registration fee. You must be at least 18 years old to participate. NFPA reserves the right, in its sole discretion to deny access to any entity or individual.
- Event Registration Confirmation. Once you have registered for the Event, you will receive a confirmation email to the email address provided during registration. You are solely responsible for ensuring that the email address provided is accurate and that you adjust any spam filters as may be necessary to receive messages about the Event.
- Event Content. You acknowledge and agree that NFPA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change aspects of the Event, including, but not limited to the content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, platform, date and time.
- Third-Party Content. The Event is made available through a third-party platform (the “Platform”). The Platform (and Event) may display, include, or make available to you third-party content (including data, information, presentations, materials and/or advertisements for third-party products or services) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising ("Third-Party Materials"). You acknowledge and agree that NFPA is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. NFPA does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions. The presence of Third-Party Materials in no way constitutes approval, recommendation, or endorsement by NFPA of any products, services, or companies.
- Recording of Event. The Event will be recorded and by participating in the Event, you hereby grant to NFPA the right to record, film, live stream, photograph or capture your voice and likeness in any media now or hereafter developed at the Event (the “Recordings”). You grant NFPA and assign an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, modify, edit distribute, broadcast, translate, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, for any purpose relating to NFPA’s business, all or any part of the Recordings.
- Permission to access the Recordings and Event Materials. NFPA grants you permission to access the Recordings and other materials made available to you during the Event (collectively, the “Event Materials”) for the time period specified by NFPA. You may not otherwise use, copy, reproduce, share or otherwise publish or display the Recordings and Event Materials for any reason without prior written consent from NFPA.
- Registration Transfer Requests. You may request that NFPA transfer the value of your registration to another individual. To do this, please email 125ACShelpdesk@nfpa.org with the subject line “Ticket Transfer.” Please write to us using the same email address that you provided at registration and include the full name & email address of the person to whom you wish to transfer. Once a registration transfer request is accepted by NFPA, you shall have no access to the Event and shall no longer be registered, unless you purchase a new registration for yourself. Any registration transfer recipient shall be required to complete a registration process and agree to these Terms and Conditions before accessing the Event.
- Rules and Regulations. You expressly agree to abide by all Event rules and regulations promulgated, from time to time, by NFPA. In addition to, and not in limitation of any such rules and regulations, you acknowledge and agree as follows: (i) you shall not sell, trade, transfer or share you access link and/or code or other credentials to access the Event with any other individual, unless such is expressly authorized by NFPA in writing; (ii) you shall act professionally and maintain a respectful, considerate and courteous attitude toward everyone at the Event; (iii) you shall not record or broadcast audio or video sessions of the Event; (iv) you shall comply with all applicable laws, ethical business practices and NFPA’s Anti-trust policy; (v) you shall not You discriminate against any person on the basis of race, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, color, sex, gender, marital status, age, religion or national origin. In NFPA’s sole discretion, any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or failure to abide by the rules and regulations may result in NFPA canceling your access to the Event, retain any payments received from you, ban you from future events and take any other action NFPA may deem appropriate.
- Taxes. Each party will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes and other governmental fees, charges, penalties, interest, and additions to such taxes that are imposed on that party upon or with respect to the registration and payment under these Terms and Conditions. All fees paid by you are exclusive of applicable taxes and duties, including, without limitation, VAT, excise taxes, sales and transaction taxes and gross receipt taxes (“Indirect Taxes”). NFPA may collect Indirect Taxes from you unless you provide NFPA with sufficient and proper tax exemption certificate.
- Cancellation. If NFPA cancels the Event or is delayed or prevented from performing its obligations under this Agreement by reason of (i) acts of God; (ii) flood, fire, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake or explosion; (iii) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (iv) government order or law; (v) actions, embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; (vi) action by any governmental authority; (vii) national or regional emergency; (viii) strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances; (ix) shortage of adequate power, Internet availability, or transportation facilities, (x) failure of subcontractors to perform in timely fashion or (xi) any other cause beyond NFPA's control, the performance of such obligation shall be excused and NFPA shall not be liable for any expenditure, liability or loss incurred by you. Cancellations are subject to the entire Event registration fee. All sales are final. No payments will be refunded or refundable. Please note that if you do not cancel and do not access the Event, you are still responsible for payment. In no event shall NFPA be obligated to refund all or a portion of the registration fee.
- Disclaimer Of Warranties. The event (and all aspects, content and information relating thereto) is provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind whatsoever, and NFPA makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, quality, or suitability of the event. without limiting the foregoing, NFPA hereby disclaims to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law any express or implied representation or warranty whatsoever, whether oral or written, whether arising by law, course of dealing, course of performance, usage, trade, or otherwise that the event will operate without interruption, achieve any intended result, be secure, free of harmful code or error-free, including any (a) warranty of merchantability; (b) warranty for a particular purpose; or (c) warranty against infringement of intellectual property rights of a third party.
- Limitation Of Liability. to the extent permitted by law, in no event shall NFPA or any of its representatives be liable to you or any third party for consequential, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or enhanced damages, lost profits or revenues or diminution in value arising out of, relating to, or in connection with any breach of this agreement, regardless of (a) whether such damages were foreseeable; (b) whether NFPA was advised of the possibility of such damages; and (c) the legal or equitable theory, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, upon which the claim is based.
- Maximum Liability. in no event shall NFPA’s aggregate liability arising out of or related to this agreement, whether arising out of or related to breach of this agreement, related contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, exceed the total amounts actually paid to NFPA pursuant to this agreement.
- Governing Law/Jurisdiction/Venue. These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts excluding its conflict of law provisions. The Parties agree to sole venue in the state or federal courts located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA and each party consents to the jurisdiction of such courts over itself in any action related to these Terms and Conditions.
- Entire Agreement. Any and all matters pertaining to the Event and not specifically covered by the terms and conditions of this Agreement are subject to NFPA's sole discretion. NFPA may adopt, amend, or revoke any established rules and regulations from time to time, on reasonable notice to Sponsor. Any such rules or regulations, including but not limited to those in communication from NFPA to Sponsor are hereby incorporated in this Agreement and have the same effect as if set forth herein. This Agreement, including any additional rules or regulations adopted by NFPA, states the entire agreement between the parties and may not be amended without NFPA's written consent.