NFPA 2021 Virtual Association Annual Meeting
NFPA® will miss sharing an in-person experience with you at our annual Conference & Expo for the second year in a row; however, we invite you to hear key updates from our Chair of the Board Amy Acton and President and CEO Jim Pauley in the video below.
Watch the video with closed captioning.
Watch the video in Spanish.
For additional information about the resources and events mentioned during the Business Meeting, please visit:
- Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors — The Phoenix Society is the leading national nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering people affected by a burn injury. Burn survivors, loved ones, burn care professionals, researchers, and anyone else are encouraged to turn to the Phoenix Society for support, resources, and the training they need.
- Faces of Fire™/Electrical Hazard Awareness — Faces of Fire/Electrical is a campaign that features stories of people impacted by electrical incidents and demonstrates the need for continued education and awareness about electrical hazards both on the job and at home. The project is in collaboration with the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors.
- NFPA®: 125 Years of Protecting People and Property— NFPA is celebrating its 125th anniversary. Thank you to the countless groups, organizations, and individuals that have contributed to our collective achievements. As part of the celebration, enjoy our 125th 3D artwork piece, which reflects many of the incidents and initiatives that have influenced safety over the last century.
- NFPA LiNK™ — NFPA LiNK, a digital platform, provides up-to-date code information and situational context that professionals and practitioners need to better understand problems and develop solutions in real time while on the job. NFPA LiNK is designed for those responsible for building, electrical, and life safety, and can be accessed via mobile devices, tablets, laptops, or other preferred devices.
- Training, Certification, and Professional Development — Skilled professionals need quality training, license renewals, and professional credentials to do their jobs and advance their careers. NFPA codes and standards training includes online learning, customized onsite programs, certification programs, educational conferences, and more.
- Outthink Wildfire™ — Outthink Wildfire is a comprehensive strategy that lays out five key policy changes that need to be made at the federal, state, and local levels and, if followed, will end the destruction of communities by wildfire over the next 30 years.
- Fire & Life Safety Ecosystem™ — When it comes to fire prevention and protection, safety is not something we can take for granted. The NFPA Fire & Life Safety Ecosystem is a framework that identifies the eight components that must work together to minimize risk and help prevent loss, injuries, and death from fire, electrical, and other hazards.
- Latin American Solutions — The Latin American Solutions page is a resource that offers essential knowledge and training, in Spanish, to help minimize risk and improve safety and efficiency.
- Middle East and North Africa Solutions — The Middle East and North Africa Solutions page offers information on the latest codes and standards training and certifications in the region so that professionals can improve fire and life safety outcomes, increase their knowledge, and advance their careers.
To the Membership:
In accordance with section 5.14.1(a) (i) of the NFPA Bylaws, please consider this to be the notice by the Secretary of the nomination by the Governance and Nominating Committee of several candidates for election to the NFPA Board of Directors. Such election to take place at the Annual Meeting to be held virtually during the week of June 21, 2021.
The following individuals have been nominated by the Committee for election by the membership each to a three-year term as Elected Members of the Board of Directors with terms to take effect in accordance with the Bylaws:
- Raj Arora
- Brion Callori
- Reginald Freeman
- William Fries
- Lou Paulson
Should you have any questions concerning this nomination, please feel free to contact Assistant Secretary Sally P. Everett at the NFPA headquarters.
Very truly yours,