NFPA 2020 Virtual Association Annual Meeting
NFPA® will miss sharing an in-person experience with you at our annual Conference & Expo this year. However, we invite you to hear key updates from our Chairman of the Board Keith Williams and President and CEO Jim Pauley in the video below, and to participate in our Business Meeting virtually.
News release - NFPA Announces New Board Member and Officers
For additional information about the resources and events mentioned in this address, please visit:
- NFPA Conference & Expo - The 2021 NFPA Conference & Expo will be held June 22-25 at Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. This will be the 125th anniversary of NFPA and a huge opportunity to reconnect face-to-face, celebrate the strides we have made over the years, and press on with our commitment to meet the challenges of our times head on. We look forward to seeing you next year.
- COVID-19/Coronavirus-Related Resources – As the world grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic, NFPA is providing key resources and information that address emergency planning, building, and fire and life safety issues. New resources are being added as challenges emerge.
- Training, Certification, and Professional Development – Skilled professionals, whether they are on the front lines or at home, need continuing education. The need for quality training, the renewal of licenses, and professional credentials - all of these things are vital to our jobs now and after this current health crisis has lifted. NFPA continues to provide alternative options to meet your training needs.
- NFPA 915, Standard for Remote Inspections - NFPA 915 is in the early developmental stages prior to beginning full public review and initial revision cycle. The NFPA Standards Council's approval is necessary before entering revision cycle.Find additional information on draft development on our webpage.
- Fire & Life Safety Ecosystem – When it comes to fire prevention and protection, safety is not something we can take for granted. The NFPA Fire & Life Safety Ecosystem is a framework that identifies the components that must work together to minimize risk and help prevent loss, injuries, and death from fire, electrical, and other hazards.
- NFPA Fire & Life Safety Policy Institute – Policymakers play a key role in reducing the risk of fire, electrical, and other life safety hazards for citizens. Changing infrastructure, new technology, evolving risks and competing priorities will all put pressure on maintaining strong fire and life safety protection measures. The Policy Institute helps policymakers understand and navigate these issues through analysis and recommended policy approaches to protect citizens.
To the Membership:
In accordance with section 5.14.1(a) (i) of the NFPA Bylaws, please consider this to be the notice by the Secretary of the Association of the nomination by the Governance and Nominating Committee of one candidate for election to the NFPA Board of Directors. Such election to take place on Monday, June 15, 2020 at the NFPA Annual Meeting to be held in Orlando, Florida.
The following individual has been nominated by the Committee for election by the membership to a three-year term as an Elected Member of the Board of Directors with term to take effect in accordance with the Bylaws.
Should you have any questions concerning this nomination, please feel free to contact Assistant Secretary Sally P. Everett at the NFPA headquarters.
Very truly yours,
Donald R. Cook