By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the following Official Rules:
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING A SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE DEPENDS ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
2. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR. The NFPA®Online Training Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored and administered by the National Fire Protection Association (“NFPA” or the “Sponsor”), One Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169-7471.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Eligibility for the Sweepstakes is open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are twenty-one (21) years of age and older and a registered attendee at NECA Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 15-17, 2019 (the “Conference”).
Employees, directors and officers of the Sponsor (including its affiliates and advertising agencies and sweepstakes administrators, including the National Electrical Contractors Association (“NECA”) (the “Conference Organizer”), and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members are not eligible to enter. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
4. THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins on Sunday, September 15, 2019 and the winners will be announced on or about Monday, September 30, 2019. The periods for entering the Sweepstakes are as follows:
11:30 AM – 5:00 PM PST on Sunday, September 15, 2019, 11:30 AM – 4:00 PM PST on Monday, September 16, 2019 and 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM PST on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 (the "Sweepstakes Entry Period").
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Sweepstakes, participants must: 1) be eligible; 2) comply with these Official Rules; 3) have his or her conference badge scanned by the NFPA representatives or provide, in person, a business card or NFPA-provided form with his or her name, email address, telephone number and organization at the NFPA booth #2262 at the Conference during the Sweepstakes Entry Period; and 4) take part in the NECA Challenge. Once an Entry is submitted, it cannot be modified, changed or altered in any way for any reason. Participants may submit only a single Entry. Once entered in the Sweepstakes, it is solely the responsibility of each participant to ensure the contact information we have for a participant is current and accurate. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact a participant if the contact information is not current or inaccurate.
6. THE NECA CHALLENGE. During the NECA Challenge, two (2) Participants will face off, “head-to-head” and answer a series of five (5) questions asked by the Sponsor. After the question is asked, the participant who presses the buzzer first may answer the question. A point is awarded for every question answered correctly. Zero (0) points are awarded for an incorrect answer. In the event of a tie score at the end of the five (5) questions, a tie breaker question will be asked.
7. WINNER SELECTION. Five (5) individual winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries. All decisions of the Sponsor and its sweepstakes administrators are final. In order for the selected winner to receive the Sweepstakes prize, the entry details (i.e. name, email address, telephone number and organization they represent) must be confirmed by the Sponsor. Failure of the winner to confirm such information within seven (7) days of the date that email notification is sent will result in another winner being drawn from among all eligible entries.
8. PRIZE. Each winner will receive the opportunity to register and participate in the NFPA Safe Electrical Work Practices Online Training Series at no cost (APV of $129.00). In order to collect his or her prize, each winner must register for the online training series no later than November 30, 2019 and must complete the online training within ninety (90) days of registration. Prizes are awarded “as is.” No substitutions are allowed. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to terminate, postpone or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time.
9. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Winners are subject to verification of identity and eligibility prior to the award of any prize. The winners will be notified by email at the email address provided on the Entry. Within seven (7) days of the date that notification is sent, each winner must, by return email or by other means as may be directed by the Sponsor, provide a response indicating that winner’s acceptance of the prize and providing the Sponsor with confirmation of the winning participant’s identity, eligibility and agreement with the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules. FAILURE TO PROMPTLY CONFIRM OR TO COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL RESULT IN PARTICIPANT’S DISQUALIFICATION. Participants who do not provide a timely and complete response or who do not register for or complete the online training within the periods identified in Sections 7 and 8 above will be disqualified and will forfeit any prize. In addition, any prize will be forfeited if any winner is found to be ineligible, not in compliance with these Official Rules or declines to accept the prize.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to accept and abide by all decisions of the Sponsor and any judge(s) with regard to the interpretation and implementation of the Official Rules and the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes and by accepting status as a participant or a prize winner, each participant consents to the use of his/her name, city and state of residence, voice, image, photograph or other likeness, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law. Participants acknowledge that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is a participant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
10. GENERAL RULES. Taxes, if any, related to the prize are the responsibility of each individual winner. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates the Official Rules, or acts in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent or result of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or postpone the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or cancel the Sweepstakes in the event there are insufficient entries as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of termination or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, the prizes may be awarded by alternate means in the Sponsor’s discretion. The decisions of Sponsor, its affiliates and advertising and promotional agencies and Sweepstakes administrators and judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize or participation in the SWEEPSTAKES and Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility for SAME, AND EACH PARTICIPANT for and on behalf of HIMSELF OR HERSELF, HIS OR HER heir(s) and successors, HEREBY RELEASES, indemnifies and hold harmless SPONSOR, its employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives and anyone working at the direction or with the permission of sponsor from, any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes, and/or any prize awarded. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes, and/or use of any prize. this limitation of LIABILITY is a comprehensive limitation of LIABILITY that applies to all damages of any kind, INCLUDING (WITHOUT limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, INCOME or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third PARTIES. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for deliveries or any a failure to deliver by any courier, postal service, technical, hardware, software or telephone or facsimile malfunctions of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error that may occur in the processing or judging of the Sweepstakes.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and of the rights and responsibilities of the participants in and Sponsor of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts state court for the City of Quincy, Norfolk County, and participants in this Sweepstakes hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts with respect to all such disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.