Deadline: November 18, 2022
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) is considering expanding the development of standards relating to protecting fire and life safety systems from security breaches through cybersecurity requirements. Standards development will address the protection of fire and life safety systems from vulnerability and breaches which can occur without effective cybersecurity measures.
NFPA is seeking comments from all interested organizations and individuals to gauge whether support exists for:
- The development of standards for cybersecurity requirements to ensure the security of fire alarm and signaling systems;
- The development of standards for cybersecurity requirements to ensure the security of fire protection systems;
- The development of standards for cybersecurity requirements for other building systems or specific occupancies.
Specifically, please submit your comments to the following:
- Are you, or your organization, in favor of the development of a NFPA standards pertaining to cybersecurity related to:
- Fire alarm systems?
- Fire signaling systems?
- Fire protection systems?
- Other building systems or specified occupancies? (please specify)
- Please state your reason(s) for supporting or opposing such standards development.
- Are you or your organization interested in applying for membership on the Technical Committee if the Standards Council initiates development activities on the proposed project?
- If yes, please submit an application, in addition to your comments in support of the project, online at: Submit online application*
*Note: Applications being accepted for purposes of documenting applicant interest in committee participation. Acceptance of applications by NFPA does not guaranty or imply the Standards Council will ultimately approve standards development activity on this subject matter.
Please submit all comments, in support or opposition to standards development related to cybersecurity of fire protection systems by November 18, 2022.