NFPA Fire Investigation Conference Sweepstakes
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the following Official Rules:
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING A CONTEST PRIZE DEPENDS ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
2. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR. The NFPA® Fire Investigation Conference Sweepstakes (the Sweepstakes) is sponsored and administered by the National Fire Protection Association® (NFPA or the Sponsor), One Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169-7471.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Eligibility for the Sweepstakes is open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are (21) years of age and older and a registered attendee at the International Association of Arson Investigators Conference in Orlando, Florida on April 27 - 28, 2016 (the Conference). Employees, directors and officers of the Sponsor, the International Association of Arson Investigators (the Conference Organizer) and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members are not eligible to enter. This Contest is void where prohibited.
4. THE CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 and the winner will be announced on or about Friday, May 20, 2016. The period for entering the Contest is between 8:00am – 5:00pm Eastern Time (ET) on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 and 8:00am – 2:00pm ET on Thursday, April 28, 2016 (the "Contest Entry Period") at the NFPA Booth at the Conference.
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Contest, Participants must be eligible, must comply with these Official Rules, and must provide, in person, a business card with their name, email address, telephone number and organization they represent during the Contest Entry Period to the NFPA representative at the NFPA Booth at the Conference. If a participant does not have a business card available the same information can be submitted on a form provided by the NFPA representative at the NFPA Booth. Once an Entry is submitted, it cannot be modified, changed or altered in any way for any reason. Participants may submit only a single Entry. Once entered in the Contest, it is solely the responsibility of each Participant to ensure the contact information we have for you is current. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact you if the contact information is not current.
6. WINNER SELECTION. One (1) winner will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries. All decisions of the Sponsor, and its contest administrators are final. In order for the selected winner to receive the sweepstakes prize, the entry details (i.e. name, email address, telephone number and organization they represent) must be confirmed by the Sponsor. Failure of the winner to confirm such information will result in another winner being drawn from among all eligible entries.
7. PRIZE. The prize will be a selection of NFPA Products, selected by the Sponsor, having an approximate retail value of $250. Every intention will be made by the Sponsor to select NFPA Products that are relevant to the purpose of the Conference. There will be one single Grand Prize and the winning Entry (no more than (1) individual) will receive selected NFPA Products. Prizes are awarded “as is.” No substitutions are allowed. Prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to terminate, postpone or cancel the contest at any time.
8. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. The winning Participant is subject to verification of identity and eligibility prior to the award of any prize. The winning Participant will be notified by email at the email address provided on the Entry. Within (7) days of the date that notification is sent, the winning Participant must, by return email or by other means as may be directed by the Sponsor, provide a response indicating winning Participant’s acceptance of the prize and providing the Sponsor with confirmation of the winning Participant’s identity and eligibility and agreement with the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules. FAILURE TO PROMPTLY CONFIRM OR TO COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL RESULT IN PARTICIPANT’S DISQUALIFICATION. Participants who do not provide a timely and complete response will be disqualified and will forfeit any prize. In addition, any prize will be forfeited if the winning Participant is found to be ineligible, not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines to accept the prize.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By entering the Contest, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to accept and abide by all decisions of the Sponsor and any judge(s) with regard to the interpretation and implementation of the Official Rules, and the Contest. By entering the Contest and by accepting status as Participant or any prize, each Participant consents to the use of his/her names, city and state of residence, voice, image, photograph or other likeness, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law. Participants acknowledge that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is an entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
10. GENERAL RULES. Taxes, if any, related to the prize are the responsibility of each individual winner. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, violates the Official Rules, or acts in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent or result of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or postpone the Contest in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or cancel the Contest in the event there are insufficient Entries as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of termination or cancellation of the Contest, the prizes may be awarded by alternate means in the Sponsor’s discretion. The decisions of Sponsor, its affiliates and advertising and promotional agencies and contest administrators and judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize or participation in the CONTEST and Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility for, AND EACH PARTICIPANT for and on behalf of themselves, their heir(s) and successors, HEREBY RELEASES, indemnifies and hold harmless SPONSOR, its employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives and anyone working at the direction or with the permission of sponsor from, any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest, and/or any prize awarded. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest, and/or use of any prize. This limitation of LIABILITY is a comprehensive limitation of LIABILITY that applies to all damages of any kind, INCLUDING (WITHOUT limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, INCOME or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third PARTIES. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for deliveries or any a failure to deliver by any courier, postal service, technical, hardware, software or telephone or facsimile malfunctions of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error that may occur in the processing or judging of the Contest.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and of the rights and responsibilities of the participants in and Sponsor of the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts state court for the City of Quincy, Norfolk County, and participants in consent to the jurisdiction of such courts with respect to all such disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.