Thousands of professionals are enrolled in the Health Care Section, with more joining every day.
Section member benefits
Health Care Section membership helps tailor your NFPA benefits to your industry. You'll learn efficient, cost-effective ways to minimize risks associated with the environment of care and will stay current on the NFPA codes and standards applied by CAP, CARF, CMS, and JCAHO. Plus, Section membership puts you in direct contact with a broad array of professionals, from fire safety experts to paramedics to administrators to biomedical engineers. Get time- and money-saving solutions to your organization's most pressing priorities. As a Health Care Section member, you'll have direct access to information on the most current industry-related technologies, equipment, operations, applications, and life safety practices and programs.
Advance your career through CEUs, educational seminars, and professional development critical to your success on the job. Plus, Section leadership and publication opportunities help you build credentials and enhance your reputation as an expert in your field.
Membership in the Health Care Section is open to individual NFPA members and delegated representatives of organizational members of the NFPA who are:
- health care facility, organization or association staff;
- licensed or certified to perform, performs, or teaches others to perform medical services (i.e., physician, nurse, paramedic, ambulance operator, medical technologist, biomedic, biomedical engineer) ;
- directly involved in engineering, manufacturing, testing, selling, regulating or servicing medical products, devices or services;
- design, construct, test, inspect, maintain, regulate, license or certify a medical facility or facilities;
- or other individual members of the NFPA who can show reasonable involvement with the objectives of the Section.