The Advantages of NFPA® Student and Apprentice Membership
From discounts and networking opportunities to conferences and free resources, there’s power in being part of the NFPA member community.
If you are a current student or apprentice working in fire protection, electrical, building and life safety, industrial hazards, emergency response, and other related fields, there has never been a better time to put your future on the path to success. Being an NFPA member shows the world you are committed to ongoing education, professional development, and helping to build a safer world.
Keep your finger on the pulse of your industry and enhance your candidacy for employment with the following benefits and features:
- 10% discount on most NFPA products and solutions such as codes and standards and online training*
- Access to NFPA Xchange™, the next-generation user platform where you can learn about events, connect with industry professionals, and view exclusive student member content**
- Free NFPA ConferenceAdvantage™ pass to 2022 NFPA Conference and Expo®, the premier gathering of fire, electrical, and building safety professionals (Transportation not included)
- Job board for discovering current full-time, part-time, seasonal, and internship opportunities at NFPA
- The opportunity to submit articles NFPA Journal®, with the chance to have your work appear in the publication
- Additional benefits introduced throughout the year upon availability
Take advantage of world-class resources and support, connect with peers, mentors, and employers, and join the conversation. You get it all, and it’s absolutely free for qualified students and apprentices.
Status validation process
Student members self-certify their status as students, meaning NFPA does not require evidence of your status as a student in advance of your requesting a student membership. However, please be advised that NFPA® reserves the right to and may at any time request one or more of the following types of documentation as proof of status. The document provided by you must indicate the name of the academic institution, name of student, date, number of current credit hours, and name and type of degree that the student is pursuing. NFPA further reserves the right to cancel your membership at any time if it is unable to satisfactorily verify your student status.
- Current course enrollment form
- Official or unofficial school transcript
- Letter from academic advisor (signed and dated within last 30 days)
- Letter from the registrar (signed and dated within last 30 days)
- Third-party enrollment certificate (must include current semester dates and a minimum of part-time student stats)
See NFPA's Privacy Terms/Conditions.
If you have any questions or require assistance, contact us.
* Cannot be combined with any other offer or used with certification courses. ** Student members are not eligible to join specific NFPA Member Sections on NFPA Xchange.