Request for proposals
The Foundation periodically issues requests for proposals for the conduct of research. To automatically receive notification of these requests, please e-mail Eric Peterson.
Research planning groups
Research planning resources
The Fire Protection Research Foundation is committed to learning about the current strategic issues that are likely to affect future fire safety, and provide research to help address those issues. Below are the current priorities and actionable strategies that the Foundation is focusing on.
The 2014-2019 Research Priorities for the FPRF
- Residential. Expanding our focus to include developing strategies to reduce residential fire losses.
- Social Demographics: Developing fire safety strategies for changing social demographics.
- Sustainability/Resiliency: Developing fire safety strategies for sustainable, resilient communities.
- Emerging Technologies: Developing guidance for fire fighter tactics to adapt to emerging technologies and strategies.
- Cyber Physical System: Facilitating research, development and use of cyber physical systems and integrated technology/systems for fire safety.
- Health and Safety Cultures: Exploring strategies to integrate fire safety into emerging health and safety cultures.
- Fire Protection Systems: Assessing the factors that impact the effectiveness of fire protection systems.
FPRF Actionable Strategies
- Leverage Strengths. Provide sustainable support for the guiding principles of FPRF.
- Address Emerging Topics. Address emerging topics with relevant and impactful deliverables.
- Focus on All Hazards. Consider an all-hazards approach in support of safety.
- Expand Global Influence. Create a global influence and presence.
- Provide Information and Knowledge Focus. Facilitating research in support of information and knowledge.
- Enhance Communication. Optimize communication and outreach impact.