NFPA officially launches CRAIG 1300™, an all-new Community Risk Assessment Insight Generator that helps identify, assess, and mitigate public safety risks
This week, NFPA announced the official launch of CRAIG 1300™, an innovative community risk assessment (CRA) dashboard powered by mySidewalk, a leading technology company that specializes in community data. CRAIG 1300 helps fire departments and safety officials collect community data, enabling them to identify, assess and share local demographic, geographic and economic needs.
Community risk reduction (CRR) has continued to gain recognition in recent years as an effective approach to mitigating community risks; conducting a CRA that utilizes community data is a critical first step in the CRR process. CRAIG 1300 was developed to give fire departments, prevention advocates, and safety officials the tools and data resources to successfully execute these efforts.
Uniquely aligned with NFPA 1300, Standard on Community Risk Assessment and Community Risk Reduction Plan Development, CRAIG 1300 features a user-friendly dashboard with customized maps, graphs, and charts. Community leaders can use CRAIG 1300 to:
- Learn about the people, places, and conditions that are at-risk in the community.
- Shave months of human resources typically needed for data analysis and refocus resources on CRR plan development to drive enhanced community safety.
- Activate teams in the development and management of CRR initiatives informed by NFPA 1300 with regularly updated data sources.
- Engage stakeholders, grantors, and partners in cross-community initiatives with easy-to-use visualization tools.
- Communicate the effectiveness of initiatives with stakeholders, grantors, and partners.
Over the past two years, NFPA has worked in collaboration with mySidewalk and more than 300 communities who pilot-tested the digital platform, providing insights that helped maximize its usability and value.
CRAIG 1300 is available as a product suite with three dashboard options: CRAIG 1300 PRO, CRAIG 1300 PLUS, and CRAIG 1300 FLEX. To learn more about CRAIG 1300 and its offerings, visit www.nfpa.org/CRAIG1300.
Follow NFPA’s CRR efforts on social media using #itstartswithinsights.