NFPA LiNK Provides Early Access to 2024 Editions of 20+ Codes and Standards, Including NFPA 70E
For the past two years, NFPA LiNK® has provided professionals with an interactive digital alternative to hardcopy codebooks, offering access to NFPA® codes and standards on the user’s favorite device. On May 15, NFPA LiNK will be adding 25 additional codes and standards within the organization’s vast scope of publications, including the latest edition of NFPA 70E®, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®.
For those unfamiliar with NFPA 70E, this standard establishes requirements for safe work practices to protect personnel by reducing exposure to major electrical hazards. NFPA 70E helps companies and employees avoid workplace injuries and fatalities due to shock, electrocution, arc flash, and arc blast, and assists in complying with OSHA regulations. Along with the National Electrical Code® and NFPA 70B, Standard for Electrical Equipment Maintenance, NFPA 70E aids professionals across the globe in maintaining electrical safety.
In addition to the 2024 edition of NFPA 70E, new editions of 24 other NFPA documents will publish in NFPA LiNK on the 15th, including:
· NFPA 30, Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
· NFPA 96, Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations
· NFPA 90A, Standard for the Installation of Air-Conditioning and Ventilating Systems
· NFPA 556, Guide on Methods for Evaluating Fire Hazard to Occupants of Passenger Road Vehicles
· NFPA 820, Standard for Fire Protection in Wastewater Treatment and Collection Facilities
With staffing shortages plaguing the industry and valuable time at all-time low, all workers in the electrical, fire, and life safety space need to be able to readily access the most up-to-date codes and standards. No longer can individuals rely on a single team member to carry a codebook holding valuable notes in its margins and earmarks on commonly cited pages. It’s more important than ever for stakeholders to collaborate, share resources, and plan accordingly while in the design and build process.
Innovative resources like NFPA LiNK are at the heart of enabling this productive way of work, offering:
· Notetaking features for individuals to add personal notes and collaborate with others, share code sections, and work across teams
· Interactive Change Indicators that make it easier to identify and understand changes and deletions made from edition to edition
· Bookmarks to save custom collections for quick and easy reference
· Navigation tools that enable users to bookmark text and quickly locate information
· NFPA DiRECT®, a situational navigation tool to help professionals identify codes related to the unique projects they encounter
Interested in learning more? NFPA recently debuted a supplementary NFPA LiNK YouTube channel, complementing the platform by providing users with tutorials and quick-start video guides for optimizing NFPA LiNK, as well as content discussing industry-specific codes, classifications, and requirements for electrical, fire, and life safety.
For more information about NFPA LiNK, or to sign up for a free trial, visit nfpa.org/LiNK.