Nominations for the 2021 Fire and Life Safety Educator of the Year now being accepted
Each year, the Fire and Life Safety Educator of the Year Award works to recognize educators who take the lead role in making their communities safer. Nominations for this year’s award recipient are being accepted now through April 21, 2021.
NFPA’s public education division looks for fire and life safety educators in the United States or Canada who meet the following criteria:
- Work for a local/municipal fire department or fire marshal’s office.
- Use NFPA educational programs and materials in a consistent and creative way for their community/audience.
- Demonstrate excellence and innovation in reaching out to the community with NFPA materials.
The Educator of the Year receives:
- $1,000 honorarium which recipients can accept or forward to the charity of their choice.
- Sparky FLS Educator of the year statue
- Paid registration to attend the NFPA 125th Anniversary Conference Series virtual events.
- The local fire department or the fire marshal’s office receives a $1,000 donation to support public education activities.
To submit your nomination, download the nomination form and send it to Education@nfpa.org. Recipient will be notified by May 20, 2021.
If you have any questions, contact Meredith Hawes.