Team Up with Domino’s and NFPA for Fire Prevention Week
NFPA and Domino’s are teaming up for the 15th year in a row to deliver fire safety messages and pizza during Fire Prevention Week™ (FPW™), Oct. 9 -15, 2022. To jumpstart these efforts, we’re encouraging fire departments to join forces with their local Domino’s store and implement the program in their communities.
Here’s how it works:
- Partner with your local Domino’s store to participate in an easy-to-execute program that will promote fire safety during FPW.
- Select a day and time period (usually 2-3 hours) to randomly choose one to three pizza orders to deliver aboard a fire engine. The participating Domino’s delivery expert will follow the fire engine in his or her car.
- When the pizza delivery arrives, the firefighters will check the home for working smoke alarms. If the smoke alarms work, the customer’s order is free (cost absorbed by the Domino’s store). If the smoke alarms aren’t working, the fire department will replace the batteries or install fully functioning smoke alarms (cost absorbed by the fire department).
As you’ve likely heard by now, this year’s FPW campaign theme is “Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape™.,” which reinforces the critical importance of developing and practicing a home fire escape plan with all members of the household. In a typical home fire, you may have as little as two minutes to escape safely from the time the smoke alarm sounds. Teaming up with Domino’s presents a fun but powerful way to promote this messaging and the potentially life-saving impact of smoke alarms.
Domino’s Fire Prevention Week Sweepstakes
Fire departments that sign up in August to participate in this program will automatically be entered into Domino’s FPW Sweepstakes. Domino’s will randomly select three winners who will receive the NFPA’s “Fire Prevention Week in a Box 300” which includes:
- FPW banner (super-sized 10’x4’)
- 45 FPW posters (17”x24”)
- 300 adult FPW brochures
- 300 kids FPW activity posters
- 300 FPW stickers
- 300 FPW magnets
- 300 copies of FPW News
- 300 FPW bags
Sign up to participate
If your fire department would like to participate in the NFPA and Domino’s FPW program, please email Chantele Telegadas. Signup emails that are sent between August 1 and August 31, 2022 will automatically be entered into the sweepstakes. Forms submitted by mail must be postmarked by August 31, 2022 and received by September 6, 2022 to be eligible. The FPW Sweepstakes winners will be drawn on or around September 9, 2022 and will be announced soon after.