Use our FREE Fire Prevention Week (FPW) toolkit to make this October a true success in your community!
With Fire Prevention Week™ (FPW™), October 9-15, just over two months away, now is the time to plan for successfully launching the campaign in your community. We have everything you need to put your plans into action. From social media cards, sample news releases, and safety tips sheets to lesson plans, videos and much more, our FPW materials can help you reach your entire community with age-appropriate messages that support this year’s theme, “Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.™”
Here's a sampling of the resources available from our FPW toolkit:
- Social media cards: Use our social media cards to promote home escape planning and practice messages on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Available in English and Spanish, all cards have been properly sized for the associated platforms.
- FPW logos: The official FPW logo highlighting this year’s theme, “Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.™” is available in multiple sizes and formats; English and Spanish versions are available.
- Lessons and activities: A home fire escape grid, fire safety action plan, and a smoke alarm safety calendar are just a few of the many educational activities and resources for all ages that you can download and share.
- Media and communications resources: Ready-to-use press releases, fundraising letters and proclamations can help promote FPW in your community with “fill-in-the-blank” areas to customize information for your community.
- Ideas and recommendations: If you’re not sure about how to implement FPW in your community, check out our “Out of the Box” section, which offers a host of events, projects, and programs to get your FPW campaign up and running.
Of course, this is just a small sampling of all the resources available at www.fpw.org. Visit the site to see everything we offer to help support your FPW efforts. Also, the site is updated periodically, so make sure to check it regularly for new resources and information!
Last but not least, the FPW catalog features a wide range of materials you can purchase to support your efforts this October. Products like brochures, banners, and stickers - to name just a few - make it easy to promote and distribute time-tested, age-appropriate information throughout your community.