Fire and Life Safety Education in the Spotlight
The NFPA® Spotlight on Public Education (SOPE) conference is an exciting and cost-effective way to connect with fire and life safety content and professionals from a wide range of specialties. Now in its seventh year, SOPE takes place Monday and Tuesday, June 19 and 20, at the 2023 NFPA Conference & Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada.
This engaging “conference within a conference” provides professional development and networking for fire and life safety, burn prevention, injury prevention, and public health educators. Registration for SOPE includes eight unique fire and life safety related workshops, access to the Expo floor and General Session, and a dedicated lounge for people to network and grab a snack.
SOPE participants also have free admission to the “Community Risk Reduction: Making Neighborhoods Safer” workshop on Wednesday, June 21, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
This year’s workshops cover a variety of topics for learning and skill development:
· Promoting public education programs: From the firehouse kitchen table to the community
· Adverse childhood experiences and CRR: Mitigation with evidence-based approaches
· Fire prevention education programs: Engaging the community
· Data-driven prevention programs for older adults
· Demonstrating results: Evaluating your fire and life safety efforts
· Fire Prevention Week™: Repurposing history to create informed communities
· Enhancing fire safety education with virtual reality
· Utilizing community partnerships to save lives
Register for the 2023 Spotlight on Public Education. At $125, it’s a great value for dedicated fire and life safety professional development and networking in sunny Las Vegas!
Follow me on Twitter @AndreaVastis, Sparky the Fire Dog® on Twitter and Facebook and NFPA on Instagram to keep up with the latest in Fire and Life Safety education.