By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the following Official Rules:
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING A SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE DEPENDS ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
2. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR. The NFPA® “Safety Stand Down Quiz” Sweepstakes (the Sweepstakes) is sponsored and administered by the National Fire Protection Association® (NFPA), One Batterymarch Park, Quincy, Massachusetts 02169-7471, the International Association of Fire Chiefs’ Safety, Health and Survival Section (IAFC), 4025 Fair Ridge Drive, #300, Fairfax, Virginia 22033, and the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC), 7852 Walker Drive, Suite 375, Greenbelt, Maryland 20770 (each of NFPA, IAFC, and NVFC individually and collectively, the Sponsor).
3. BACKGROUND. The NFPA, IAFC, and NVFC are asking career firefighters, volunteer firefighters, EMTs and other fire service employees and members to take an online, interactive quiz, featuring 13 questions related to the NVFC and IAFC’s combined 2019 Safety Stand Down’s theme “Reduce Your Exposure: It’s Everybody’s Responsibility”. The 2019 Safety Stand Down will take place June 16-22, 2019.
4. ELIGIBILITY. Eligibility for the Sweepstakes is open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are (18) years of age and older. Employees, directors, officers of the Sponsor (including its affiliates and advertising agencies and sweepstakes administrators, and any third party organization Sponsor may be working with on the Sweepstakes, including Qzzr) and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members are not eligible to enter. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
5. THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins on Monday, April 1, 2019 and the winners will be announced on or about Thursday, June 20, 2019. The period for entering the Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on Monday, April 1, 2019 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 (the "Sweepstakes Entry Period").
6. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Sweepstakes, Participants must be eligible, must comply with these Official Rules, and must take and submit the online, interactive 13 question quiz on “Reduce Your Exposure: It’s Everybody’s Responsibility,” found at www.nfpa.org/fireservicequiz during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Entries will be accepted by using the Qzzr interactive quiz platform located at the above mentioned website. Participants will each receive one (1) sweepstakes entry for submitting a completed quiz and submitting their name, fire department, a valid email address and mailing address. All Entries submitted, regardless of score received, will be given equal weight during the random drawing for winners. Once an Entry is submitted, it cannot be modified, changed or altered in any way for any reason. Participants may submit only a single Entry. The Entry must include the name, fire department, a valid email address and mailing address of Participant. Once entered in the Sweepstakes, it is solely the responsibility of each Participant to ensure the contact information we have for you is current. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact you if the contact information is not current.
7. WINNER SELECTION. Two hundred (200) winners will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries. All decisions of the Sponsor, and its sweepstakes administrators are final. In order for the selected winner to receive the sweepstakes prize, the entry details (i.e. name, email address, mailing address and fire department) must be confirmed by the Sponsor. Failure of the winner to confirm such information will result in another winner being drawn from among all eligible entries.
8. PRIZE. Each Participant with a winning Entry (no more than 200 individuals) will receive a specially designed challenge coin commemorating this year’s Safety Stand Down week with an approximate retail value of $6.00. In addition, the winners’ names may be shared on the 2019 Safety Stand Down website (www.SafetyStandDown.org) and promotional materials. Prizes are awarded “as is.” No substitutions are allowed. Prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sweepstakes winners will not be compensated with a salary. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to terminate, postpone or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time. Winning Participants will in addition have to accept certain rules and restrictions concerning the use of NFPA logos, messages and images and the rights of the NFPA.
9. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Winning Participants are subject to verification of identity and eligibility prior to the award of any prize. Winning Participants will be notified by email at the email address provided on the Entry. Within seven (7) days of the date that notification is sent, the winning Participants must, by return email or by other means as may be directed by the Sponsor, provide a response indicating each Participant’s acceptance of the prize and providing the Sponsor with confirmation of the winning Participants’ identity and eligibility and agreement with the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules. FAILURE TO PROMPTLY CONFIRM OR TO COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL RESULT IN PARTICIPANT’S DISQUALIFICATION. Participants who do not provide a timely and complete response will be disqualified and will forfeit any prize. In addition, any prize will be forfeited if any winning Participant is found to be ineligible, not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines to accept the prize. All other expenses and costs related to the participation in the Sweepstakes, or any prize that’s awarded are the Participant’s sole responsibility.
10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By entering the Sweepstakes, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to accept and abide by all decisions of the Sponsor with regard to the interpretation and implementation of the Official Rules, and the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes and by accepting status as Participant or any prize, each Participant consents to the use of his/her names, city and state of residence, voice, image, photograph or other likeness, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law. Participants acknowledge that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is an entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
11. GENERAL RULES. Taxes, if any, related to the prize are the responsibility of each individual winner. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates the Official Rules, or acts in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent or result of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or postpone the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or cancel the Sweepstakes in the event there are insufficient Entries as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of termination or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, the prizes may be awarded by alternate means in the Sponsor’s discretion. The decisions of Sponsor, its affiliates and advertising and promotional agencies and Sweepstakes administrators’ decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize or participation in the SWEEPSTAKES and Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility for, AND EACH PARTICIPANT for and on behalf of themselves, their heir(s) and successors, HEREBY RELEASES, indemnifies and hold harmless SPONSOR, its employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives and anyone working at the direction or with the permission of sponsor from, any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes, and/or any prize awarded. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes, and/or use of any prize. this limitation of LIABILITY is a comprehensive limitation of LIABILITY that applies to all damages of any kind, INCLUDING (WITHOUT limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, INCOME or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third PARTIES. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for deliveries or any a failure to deliver by any courier, postal service, technical, hardware, software or telephone or facsimile malfunctions of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the Sweepstakes.
Released Parties are not responsible for late, incomplete, inaccurate submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a web site, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an eligible participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, incomplete, or damaged entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Sweepstakes be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes.
13. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and of the rights and responsibilities of the participants in and Sponsor of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts state court for the City of Quincy, Norfolk County, and participants in consent to the jurisdiction of such courts with respect to all such disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.