Our Standards in Action: Your Voice Matters campaign represents NFPA’s ongoing effort to actively engage the fire service in the standards that directly impact them each and every day. It also works to showcase just how our standards are used by jurisdictions in “real life” to increase public and firefighter safety. Read on to learn about one or more featured NFPA standards now accepting Public Input and/or Public Comment:
Your Voice Matters
One of the best ways for your voice to be heard is to submit Public Input (a suggested revision to a new or existing NFPA standard) or Public Comment (a suggested revision to the first draft of an NFPA standard) during their revision cycles. It’s 100% free, easy to do, and can all be done online!
The NFPA standards that most impact the fire service are organized into the following categories: Aircraft, Apparatus, Data, EMS, Hazardous Materials, Ladders/Hoses, Organizational Development, Personal Protective Equipment, Professional Qualifications, Training, and Wildland Fires.
Questions or need assistance? Please call +1 617 984-7242, or send an e-mail.
You may already know NFPA better than you think!
- NFPA publishes the National Electrical Code® (NEC), which has been adopted in all 50 states.
- NFPA publishes the National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code® which sets the standard for smoke alarm requirements in commercial and residential buildings nationwide.
- NFPA publishes the Life Safety Code®, which has been adopted in approximately 30 states. All healthcare facilities seeking accreditation follow NFPA 101 because it’s linked to the nation’s federal funding program.
- NFPA is the official sponsor of Fire Prevention Week.
- The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you wear on the job, as well as the apparatus you use, including fire hoses and engines, is designed in accordance with NFPA standards.