Suppression, Detection and Signaling Research and Applications Conference
September 12-14, 2023
Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, Northbrook, IL
The Fire Suppression, Detection and Signaling Research and Applications Conference will address the latest developments in research, technology, and applications for the fire protection community.
Call for papers
Papers are sought on new developments including the following topics. Case studies are welcome.
- Developments to Address the Protection of Automated Storage Retrieval Systems
- Advancements in Protection of High Hazard Commodities
- Protection of Li-Ion Battery Energy Storage Systems
- Reliability and Maintenance of Systems
- Protection of Photovoltaic Panels on Rooftops
- Advancements of Fluorine-Free Foam
- Special suppression applications/case studies
Detection and Signaling
- Advancements of the Mitigation Strategies of Cybersecurity for Fire Protection systems
- Development of the Installation of Smoke Detectors on Ceilings Over 10-ft (3m)
- Power over Ethernet and Emerging Technologies
- Fire detection algorithms: Theory, Design and Testing
- Advancements in Detection and Signaling Technology
- Multi-criteria Detection
- Wildfire Applications
- Updates on Carbon Monoxide Detection Research
Interested presenters are asked to submit a one-page abstract by e-mail no later than March 20, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted abstracts must include the full title, and name(s), affiliation(s), address(es), telephone number(s), and e-mail address(es) of the author(s), with the presenter identified (underlined). Format your abstract for 8 ½" x 11" paper, single-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman (or equivalent) text with 1" text margins, using Microsoft Word.
Abstracts should be absent of commercial overtones, be based on good science, present objective and credible results, and be without inherent bias. Abstracts that do not meet these criteria will not be accepted.
Abstracts will be reviewed by a program committee. If selected, presenters will be asked to submit an extended abstract, at most 3 pages, for publication in the meeting program or, at the author’s option, a full paper.
Since 1997, the Fire Protection Research Foundation has hosted SUPDET® (short for suppression and detection) conference, which is an opportunity for leading experts and innovators in the fire protection and life safety industry present and collaborate on the latest research techniques and applications used for fire suppression, detection, signaling, and other emerging technologies. The panels, fireside chats and education sessions are attended by a multitude of fire protection and life safety professionals, including but not limited to: engineers, designers, manufacturers, installers, AHJs, folks from the insurance industry, and other subject matter experts. This year, the conferences is a total of three days with some parallel sessions on suppression and a detection. There is also a special event, which is open to all SUPDET attendees, more details to come soon.
Proceedings from past SUPDET Symposia
2022 | 2021 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015