Domino’s Fire Prevention Week smoke alarm safety check program
Congratulations to the winners of our August 2022 Fire Prevention Week sweepstakes with Domino’s! Among all the fire departments that signed on to participate, the following three were randomly selected to receive an FPW toolkit:
- Aberdeen (WA) Fire Department
- City of Goose Creek (SC) Fire Department
- Clarendon County Fire Rescue (Manning, SC)
Thanks to all three departments for participating in this fun, impactful program. We wish you the best of luck implementing Fire Prevention Week in your communities this October! You will be receiving your FPW toolkits shortly.
And, of course, thanks to all the fire departments that signed up this August to participate in the annual program, which is hosted in coordination with NFPA.
To all fire departments: Even though the August contest is over, you can still sign up to participate in the Domino’s Fire Prevention Week program. Please contact Chantele Telegadas to get started and for more information.
Here’s an overview of how the program works:
- Partner with your local Domino’s store to participate in an easy-to-execute program that will promote fire safety during FPW.
- Select a day and time period (usually 2-3 hours) to randomly choose one to three pizza orders to deliver aboard a fire engine. The participating Domino’s delivery expert will follow the fire engine in his or her car.
- When the pizza delivery arrives, the firefighters will check the home for working smoke alarms. If the smoke alarms work, the customer’s order is free (cost absorbed by the Domino’s store). If the smoke alarms aren’t working, the fire department will replace the batteries or install fully functioning smoke alarms (cost absorbed by the fire department).
In a typical home fire, you may have as little as two minutes to escape safely from the time the smoke alarm sounds. Teaming up with Domino’s presents a fun but powerful way to promote this messaging and the potentially life-saving impact of smoke alarms.