NFPA and Domino’s are teaming up for the 11th year in a row to deliver fire safety messages and pizza during Fire Prevention Week (FPW), Oct. 7 -13, 2018
To make this year’s campaign a success, we’re encouraging fire departments to join forces with their local Domino’s store to implement the campaign in their communities.
Here’s how the program works:
- Partner with your local Domino’s store to participate in an easy-to-execute program that will promote fire safety during FPW.
- Select a day and time period (usually 2-3 hours) to randomly choose one to three pizza orders to deliver aboard a fire engine. The participating Domino’s delivery expert will follow the fire engine in his or her car.
- When the pizza delivery arrives, the firefighters will check the home for working smoke alarms. If the smoke alarms work, the customer’s order is free (cost absorbed by the Domino’s store). If the smoke alarms aren’t working, the fire department will replace the batteries or install fully functioning smoke alarms (cost absorbed by the fire department).
This year’s FPW campaign theme is “Look. Listen. Learn. Be aware – fire can happen anywhere.” It highlights some of the most basic but critical ways people can protect themselves from fire at home, or anywhere else they might go. Partnering with Domino’s presents a fun and powerful way to reinforce this messaging.
Domino’s Fire Prevention Week Sweepstakes
Fire departments that sign up (from Aug. 12-Sept. 1) to participate in this program will automatically be entered into Domino’s FPW Sweepstakes. Domino’s will randomly select three winners who will receive the NFPA’s “Fire Prevention Week in a Box 300” which includes:
- 1 FPW banner (super-sized 10' x 4')
- 45 FPW posters – now two-sided with one side printed in English and the other side printed in Spanish (17" x 24")
- 300 adult FPW brochures
- 300 kids FPW activity posters
- 300 FPW stickers
- 300 FPW magnets
- 300 FPW News booklet
- 300 FPW bags
Sign up to participate
If your fire department would like to participate in the NFPA and Domino’s FPW program, please email Danielle Bulger. Signup emails that are sent Aug. 12-Sept. 1 will be entered into the Sweepstakes. The FPW Sweepstakes winners will be drawn on or around Monday, Sept. 3.