NFPA's regional education specialists support fire and life safety education throughout the United States and Canada.
- Provide ongoing support to the Public Education Network and plan network annual meeting.
- Available for presentations at conferences on topics including NFPA resources, Fire Prevention Week, teaching strategies and hoarding.
- Outreach to communities that have experienced a fire fatality. Offer support to help communities implement a targeted campaign using NFPA resources.
- Provide an overview of NFPA resources and assist in implementing NFPA resources including identifying problems, determining appropriate resources, and seeking funding sources and partners.
- Listen to NFPA stakeholders and provide feedback to NFPA.
|| Meredith Hawes
+1 617 984-7237
Central / Mid-Atlantic Region
Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin
| Kelly Ransdell
+1 617 984-7235
New England / Southern Region
Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Vermont
|For fire and life safety educators in Canada, please contact:
+1 289 838-5158
Canadian Public Education Representative
Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Quebec, and Yukon
NFPA Public Education Network
NFPA has selected one public fire safety professional from each state and province to serve in the Public Education Network. The purpose of this network is to provide support for fire and life safety educators related to activities, events, and resources available through NFPA. Public Education Network representatives and local educators in each state/province connect to share ideas, problem solve, and recognize accomplishments related to fire safety education. Public Education Network members are appointed on an annual basis.
See who is part of the Public Education Network. (PDF, 150 KB)