NFPA offers online safety training
to U.S. EMS professionals on incidents involving alternative fuel vehicles including electric, hybrid, hydrogen fuel cell, bio-diesel and gaseous fuels such as CNG (Compressed Natural Gas), LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas), LPG (Liquid Propane Gas), and their recharging/refueling stations. The online training can be started and stopped at any time and features videos, animations, simulations, review questions, and scenarios. Highly engaging 3D interactive vehicle models that reinforce concepts are continuously refreshed with the latest technology and fire tactics.
Topics addressed include:
- introduction to hybrid, electric, fuel cell, & gaseous fuel vehicles
- electrical & fuel properties
- alternative fuel vehicle systems
- initial response procedures
- emergency operations
- Alternative Fuel Vehicles 3D Exploratory App: designed to provide EMS professionals with interactive 3D exploration of AFVs and their unique components. Vehicle models include a plug-in electric vehicle, and an LNG fueled medium-duty vehicle.