Technology is reshaping our world at an unprecedented rate, requiring that fire and life safety professionals be prepared for the future, today. From smart buildings to vehicle electrification, the information and knowledge you need to do your job is changing right before your eyes. Please join NFPA as we take an immersive virtual reality tour of the Building of Tomorrow.
Virtual Reality Tour
For best viewing experience, watch this video with Google Cardboard*
- Get your cardboard headset and assemble it.
- Download the YouTube app from your device's app store and launch the app.
- Follow this link to the video on the YouTube App, tap the screen and look for the cardboard icon in the bottom right.
- Tap the cardboard icon. You'll notice that the screen splits into two smaller screens.
- Insert your phone into the cardboard.
- Look around to view the video in 360 degrees.
* To use Cardboard with iOS devices, you'll need to have iOS 9 and the YouTube app.
Note: You can also watch this video on your mobile device using the YouTube app. You need the latest version of Chrome, Opera, Firefox, or MS Edge, and the latest version of the YouTube app.
Learn more about NFPA’s emerging technology activities including training, research, and outreach.
- Alternative Fuel Vehicles: Training, tools, and information for emergency responders to safely handle emergencies involving alternative fuel vehicles
- Energy Storage Systems: NFPA is engaged in a number of initiatives including standards development, training, and research projects aimed at promoting the continued safe and sustainable expansion of this renewable technology.
- Photovoltaics (PV) systems: While there are efficiency and “green” benefits associated with photovoltaics (PV) systems, these alternative energy systems also pose risks to buildings, occupants and first responders.