As the threat of coronavirus (COVID-19) grows, it is critical to have the information you need to help mitigate impacts and protect your community.
As an all-hazards information and knowledge leader, NFPA offers a variety of resources that emergency managers, businesses, schools, and health care providers can use to help prepare for, develop or update continuity plans; and protect those who may be vulnerable or exposed to this infectious disease. Free access to NFPA's codes and standards are available to the public.
NOTE: We are experiencing longer than normal delays in fulfilling physical orders due to a local state advisory to close non-essential businesses; however, orders of digital products will be promptly fulfilled. In order to begin the fulfillment process we will charge your payment method (credit card, etc.). If delays extend beyond the state advisory dates, we will gladly work with you to make other arrangements of your physical products.
Subscribe to latest NFPA updates on COVID-19 by email
For government officials
NFPA urges government officials to ensure that fire protection and life safety systems be maintained in all commercial and multi-occupancy residential buildings throughout this global pandemic.
NEW! Guidance for remote video inspection (RVI) fact sheet (PDF)
Responder safety during pandemics
When tragic events unfold, it is our first responders that are on the front line, risking their own safety to help others. And, not surprisingly, first responders are responding to changes in a COVID-19 world.
NEW! NFPA 1581: Infection Control Program Resources for first responders tip sheet (PDF)
Health care facilities
As the pandemic stresses the health care system, critical fire and life safety needs must be balanced with patient care in hospitals as well as new temporary makeshift facilities.
NEW! Maintaining safe health care facilities in extraordinary times fact sheet (PDF)
NEW! White paper: Temporary Compliance Options for Code Modifications, Alternate Care Sites, and Facilities Related to Health Care (PDF)
NFPA 1600®, Standard on Continuity, Emergency, and Crisis Management®, and other resources offer key information for entities who want to conduct a risk assessment, business impact analysis, capabilities and needs assessments, and develop emergency and recovery plans.
NEW! Emergency preparedness checklist (PDF)
News releases & additional information
- News release - NFPA develops guidance to address fire and life safety challenges in temporary and traditional health care facilities
- News release - NFPA releases Responder Infection Control tip sheet for COVID-19 times
- News release - NFPA offers resources for conducting remote video inspections when access to buildings is limited
- News release - NFPA’s online resources help educate kids about fire safety through fun, engaging activities, lesson plans, videos, and interactive games
- News release - As threat of COVID-19 continues to expand globally, NFPA offers information and resources to help emergency responders, healthcare facilities, and AHJs mitigate its impact and help protect their communities
- News release - NFPA urges added caution around home fire safety during COVID-19 pandemic
- News release - NFPA issues guidance to government officials on fire protection and life safety systems regardless of occupancy status
- Community Risk Reduction and COVID-19
- Visit NFPA's press room