At NFPA we take pride in the quality of the products and services we offer. If you are not completely satisfied with your order, just let us know. You may be eligible for a replacement or refund in accordance with our refund policy.
Print products and other products that are delivered in a tangible format, such as books, brochures etc. (see separate return policy for NFCSS print subscription), in re-sellable condition, with all parts, may be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price (less any shipping and handling fees) Returned media items (video, dvds, etc.) must be returned unopened and still in their plastic wrap.
In addition, if any element of a bundled product or product bundle is delivered electronically, then all elements of the bundle are non-returnable and non-refundable.
All returns must include proof of purchase from NFPA (original packing slip, copy of paid invoice, etc.)
Online Learning is non-refundable.
Canceling your NFPA examination (with no plan to reschedule your testing date): If you must cancel your exam and you have no plan to reschedule that exam for another date, you may be eligible for a partial refund of your application fee. In this situation, you must contact the NFPA certification administrative office (in writing, see address below) at least seven (7) business days (U.S. New York time) prior to your previously scheduled examination date. All refund requests must be made in writing and you will be assessed a $50.00 USD non-refundable administrative fee. You will forfeit your entire application fee if you fail to contact the NFPA certification administrative office at least seven (7) business days (U.S. New York time) prior to your previously scheduled examination date.
Send cancellation requests (in writing) to:
NFPA Certification Team
1 Batterymarch Park
Quincy, MA 02169-7471
Non-returnable, non-refundable items
The following products may not be returned and are non-refundable: Membership, products delivered electronically (such as NFPA LiNK™, National Fire-Codes Subscription Service – Online, eBooks, Online Learning, downloadable PDFs, web applications, and streaming video products).
- No written permission to return books is required.
- Returns must be received within 60 days of the date of invoice.
- All returns must be sent on a prepaid basis. Shipments sent to NFPA on a collect basis will be refused.
- Credit will only be issued for the cost of items purchased from NFPA; no refunds will be made for shipping or handling.
- Items must be the current edition and must be returned in perfect condition to permit resale. NFPA will be the final judge regarding the condition of return items and reserves the right to refuse returns based on damaged or unsaleable condition. Damaged items will be returned to the bookseller.
- Any item furnished to a bookseller by NFPA in its own individual mailing container must be returned in its unopened mailing container. For this reason, items should not be removed from mailing containers while in a bookseller’s inventory.
Any refund you are eligible for under NFPA’s Refund Policy will be made, at NFPA’s option, either as a credit to your account or by using the same payment method used for the purchase being refunded (i.e. if you paid by credit card and are receiving a refund, it will be made to the same credit card).